Thursday, August 27, 2015

Prep Part V -- Water Pump Fixed

Well, to make a long story short, the leaking water pump in the trailer has been replaced, by me and is working fine, with no leaks.  

Now, if you want the long story:
Neither Camping World or Coleman/Keystone were of a whole lot of help.  Camping World advised me that due to Coleman's requirements I would have to drag the trailer up to their St. Augustine location where they could verify that the pump was in fact leaking (duhhhh), then they would contact Coleman for repair permission.  The receipt of this permission might take one to two business days, then Coleman would have to ship the replacement pump to Camping World so they could replace it.  What a friggin' runaround!!!  The service guy at CW said they had the pump in stock--they didn't because I called CW's parts department and they could only come close with a different brand (Shurflo).  

I called Coleman and a nice young lady there told me if I was willing to pay for the replacement pump upfront and replace it myself or pay CW to replace it they would most likely reimburse me at some point.

So, I drove the 50+ miles roundtrip to CW in St. Augustine and bought the pump, came home and installed it in less than 10 minutes.  It's not rocket science--there are four screws that hold it down, an inlet hose and and outlet hose and two DC power wires to splice together.

I called Coleman back and another nice lady told me to scan and email them a picture of the receipt and a couple of pictures of the pump.  I completed that a few minutes ago and now am hoping that at some point I get a check for $101.31.  She also advised me to hang on to the leaking pump in case they want me to send it to them.  I said I'd be happy to hang on to it until the matter was closed and would be happy to return it to them at their expense.

I know this stuff happens, even to a brand new pump that had less than 10 minutes of run time since we bought the trailer brand new in May of this year, but I think that both CW and Coleman could have demonstrated just a bit more concern and sense of urgency to help me get it resolved.  CW showed none whatsoever (other than a minute of lip service).

No comments:

Post a Comment