Sunday, August 23, 2015

Prep Part II -- Installing the Inverter

Geez, it's hot!!!  Talk about perspiration!  It was hot, but I got the basement of the trailer emptied and, after only one trip to Lowes I got the new inverter mounted in the front of the basement and wired to the 12v battery bank.  I've decided to just mount a dedicated, standard 110v outlet in the trailer for the inverter to feed and I will mount the remote switch for the inverter next to this outlet.  Should work out well.  We can just run an extension cord to the TV or whatever if necessary.  I tested it successfully with a 100W trouble light.

Inverter mounted in the RV basement

Hopefully tomorrow I will mount and wire up the outlet that will just plug into one of the outlets in the front of the inverter and the remote that plugs into the back of the unit.  As you can see, it's powered up and working.  I used 4 gauge stranded wire to attach it to the battery with a 150 amp ANL fuse in line with the positive battery lead.  I also need to squirt some filler into the hole I had to drill for the cables to seal it up and perhaps some additional wire dressing will be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment