Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Prep Part IV -- Uh Oh!!

Well heck!  Late this afternoon while testing the trailer's water heater and water pump (pressurizes the self-contained water system when not hooked to city water) I noticed a wet spot on the floor by the couch.  The water pump and water heater live beneath the couch area.  Further exploration revealed water leaking out of the bottom of the pump where the green (pump) and black (motor) join together when the water is running and the pump kicks on.  I tried tightening all the fittings and the screws holding the pump together, but to no avail.  Still leaks like a sieve!

This is not a good thing!  This is especially not a good thing when we want to leave on our trip Monday.  It's under warranty, but I'm not sure how fast Camping World will move on it.  I will call in the morning to see if they will just exchange the pump for me and let me put it in (the simplest for everyone concerned) or if they are going to make me haul the trailer up to St. Augustine and leave it.

In all five of our outings since buying the trailer new in May we've been at RV resorts and hooked to city water, so never used the pump.  The pump is critical for our upcoming trip because we will be boondocking a lot, so much have pressurized water.  Damn.

Here are a couple of pictures.
The culprit--the water pump!

Leak is at the junction of the green and black parts
just above the red wires at the bottom.
More after I call Camping World at 8:00 AM in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment